How to Write a Persuasive Essay on Abortion and Keep It Ethical?
There may be a time when you are asked to write a persuasive essay on a topic that is very controversial. It is imperative that you keep it ethical. Abortion is a hot topic today and will continue to be a hot topic in the future just as it has in the past. There are many people that believe that abortion is unethical because there is contrasting views about when a fetus becomes a living being.
When writing a persuasive essay it is customary to write three supporting views about the topic, followed by a paragraph on the opposing view. To keep the essay ethical make sure to now use the paragraph on the opposing view to discredit the opposing view. There are usually valid points on either side. These topics are never black and white.
You would approach a persuasive essay by first determining which side you are on. In this case do you believe that it is unethical to terminate a fetus or do you believe that it is unethical to make a woman keep a child she doesn’t want. Keep in mind that there will never be a right or wrong answer. This is simply your opinion. You may personally sit the fence on the issue but for your persuasive essay, you need to pick a side.
Now come up with three different reasons to support your decision. Why do you believe that it is unethical to terminate a pregnancy or why do you think it’s unethical to make a woman keep a baby she doesn’t want? Make sure to also find one opposing view that you can mention. It is usually a fact that you would like to mention but will in turn try to persuade individuals to believe that it shouldn’t make a difference.
Here is how you set up your paper. Be sure to use the saying “in my opinion”. This is important in a persuasive essay to keep it ethical. Your persuasive essay should be written to prove your view and not as a statement of fact.
- Supporting paragraph 1
- Supporting paragraph 2
- Supporting paragraph 3
- Opposing view
If you state that the information is your opinion, it will be easy to keep your persuasive essay ethical. Don’t discredit the opposing view; just write about a circumstance where the opposing view may not be ethical.
Essay Writing Tips
- Analysis paper on Jane Eyre
- A list of argumentative paper subjects
- Essay example on infectious diseases
- Sample essay about Brad Paisley
- Essay sample on the history of probability
- Writing an argumentative paper properly
- Attaining a strong essay in 3 steps
- Writing an essay about yourself
- College argumentative essay: subjects
- Essay topics must be explicit
- Argument essay topic choosing
- How to pick an idea for a persuasive essay
- Math and ancient China: essay sample
- Making your essay stand out
- Crafting an essay plan
- Sample essay on financial contagion
- Essay sample on community relations
- Prompts for writing a narrative essay
- Mastering a quality college paper
- Writing a persuasive essay on abortion
- Organizing your argumentative paper writing
- Writing a quality essay layout
- Choosing topics for paper on zoo
- Composing a top-quality paper
- Argument topics for essay
- Argumentative paper introductory part writing
- Professional sample essay: prenatal issues